My favorite coca cola chicken wings !
coca cola, one of my favorite drinks, I do not remember whey coca cola becomes a sauce of cooking meat in China but the fact is that Coca Cola is quite popular in China nowadays. And since coca cola chicken wings become popular, we get more dished cooked with this sweet drinks such as coca cola ribs etc. The slight sweet taste bought by the drink can spare other condiments and seasoning, which makes this as one of the simplest recipe. This is no failure as long as some small details are concerned.
Now let’s start with the coca cola kitchen!!
In order to reduce the taste of the fresh meat, I suggest you to marinade the chicken wings with some ginger slice for around 10 minutes. So the first step is to cut a cross on one side of the wings so that the slight sweet taste can soaked into the inside and marinade with ginger slices.Then stir-fry the chicken wings until both sides changes color from meat white to slightly brown.
Pour in Cola until the both sides get stir-fried. The coca cola source should cover the chicken wings.
Simmer for about 10 minutes with slow fire, and then fire up to thicken coca cola sauce. If the dish is expected to have a better looking, then add some dark soy sauce but spare it since too much salty taste might influence the output taste. Another tip is that during the process, you may see some floats on the surface. Remove them using a scoop.
Then sprinkle some chopped spring onion and serve hot!
- 10 chicken wings (mid joint would be the best)
- 1 bottle of 250ml regular coca-cola
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- 1 inch ginger sliced
- pinch of salt
- Prepare a bowl; add salt, cooking wine and ginger slices to marinade the chicken wings for about 10 minutes.Transfer out and drain.
- Heat up some vegetable oil in pan. Then put the chicken wings in to sautéing each side for 3 to 4 minutes until the skin becomes slightly brown.
- Pour Coca cola in the pan, slow the fire down to help the wings absorb the taste of cola. After 8 to 10 minutes, use high fire to thicken the sauce. Add 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce to dark the color. Stir occasionally.
- Move out from the pan and sprinkle some chopped green onions.