This is a bumble stir-frying recipe with brown beech mushroom and white beech mushroom.
I love mushrooms very much for their special taste and nutrition fact, autumn is one of the best seasons for mushrooms and this is a super easy oyster mushrooms with black peppers. I love to make chicken soup with mushrooms, sometimes using deep-frying to create a crispy shell. You can also match it with curry. And this one is a more humble and easy mushroom stir frying. By the way, I love to highly recommend my pan-fried king oyster mushrooms for mushroom lovers. It got so many good feedbacks.
Shimeji is an edible mushroom originated in Asia. But I believe that you can also find the fresh shimeji on your local market. I mix the two variations together: brown beech mushroom and white beech mushroom to make a stir fry dish. Those beech mushrooms has a stronger fresh taste than oyster mushroom and better tenacity of shiitake mushroom. Thus now they are popular in China.
The preparation of shimeji is quite simple, just cut off the very hard end because both stem and stalk are great.
Clean the mushrooms and cut off the hard end. Heat up some oil in wok, add green onion white to fry over slowest fire until slightly browned and seared. Add ginger shreds in.
Then place mushrooms in, add oyster sauce and soy sauce. At the very beginning, there will be lots of water. Continue to evaporate most of the water. Takes 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in sesame oil.
Transfer out and sprinkle fresh ground pepper.
Mushroom Stir Fry
- 2 cups Brown beech mushroom
- 2 cups White beech mushroom
- 1 tbsp. vegetable cooking oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 thumb piece of ginger , peeled and shredded
- 4 green onions , white part only, cut into small sections
- ½ tbsp. oyster sauce , vegan for note 1
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce , optional only for dark color
- ½ tbsp. light soy sauce
- Clean and prepare the beech mushrooms and drain.
- Hit up some oil in wok, add green onion white to fry over slowest fire until slightly browned and seared. Add ginger shreds in.
- Then place mushrooms in, add oyster sauce and soy sauce. At the very beginning, there will be lots of water. Continue to evaporate most of the water. Takes 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in sesame oil.
- Transfer out and sprinkle fresh ground pepper.
Dwight St. John
Your recipes are wonderfully fresh and simple, and your photos are gorgeous!
I made it., It was delicious
I just bought a bunch of white beech mushrooms yesterday and was looking for a great recipe. The stir fry recipe sounds really good and I will try it out today. Thanks for sharing this.
This was a great, easy recipe for a weeknight dinner. Thanks Elaine!
Thanks so much TL for your lovely comment. Happy cooking.
I LOVE this dish! My only change was I added the "fake" noodles found in the produce dept.
Why is the carb count so high for this recipe?
I'm making it again tonight. I think I'll increase the sauce, just a tiny bit, due to adding the "noodles" (no carbs). Great recipe and so easy.
I checked the nutrition facts and found that the crab comes from the cooking oil.
So easy to prepare and incredibly delicious!
Thank you Lisa!