Easy beef and garlic stir fry (蒜香牛肉粒). This is a very popular beef dish in Chinese restaurants. You will never know that the whole garlic cloves can be the best parts of dishes. Sometimes, we add garlic cloves in hot broths or simmered dishes like this claypot chicken wings. They perform so well as a side ingredient, even better than working as aromatics.
This is a very easy and simple recipe require no special skills. But it presents great flavors.
Use high fire during the whole process and try to shorten the cooking time.
Mix all the ingredients except sesame oil in a small bowl until well mixed. And then add mix in sesame oil.
Add the steak to a hot pan, the cook for 3 minutes. Turn as you regular way. Transfer out and cut the steak into cubes around 1.5 cm squares.
In another wok, add oil and then fry the garlic cloves until slightly browned on surface.
Place beef cubes and red onion in. Fry for another 1 minutes. Pour the sauce, mix well. Serve hot!
Other Beef recipes
Shui Zhu Beef
Black pepper beef
Homemade Beef Balls
Sichuan dry fried beef
Braised beef with potatoes -- a popular Sichuan style braised beef
Beef and Garlic Stir fry
- 2 whole garlic , peeled
- 200 g beef steak
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- ¼ red onion , cut into pieces
- 2 green onions or scallion , cut into sections
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 small pinch of salt
- ½ tbsp. Shaoxing cooking wine
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce , optional
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Add the steak to a hot pan, the cook for 3 minutes. Turn as you regular way. Transfer out and cut the steak into cubes around 1.5 cm squares.
- In another wok, add oil and then fry the garlic cloves until slightly browned on surface.
- Place beef cubes and red onion in. Fry for another 1 minutes. Pour the sauce, add chopped green onion and mix well. Serve hot!
Thank you for sharing this recipe! Your website is a treasure trove for me!
I see a lot of other recipes that coat the steak in cornstarch before frying. What
does coating the steak in cornstarch do, and why don't you do it here?
We add cornstarch or other starch to coat the meat if you pursue a soft texture. Sometimes, we don't add starch because we want to get a more aromatic surface like what did in pan-fried beef steaks.