Firm tofu stir-fry recipe with minced pork and Chinese chives!
So around two days ago, I got a little guest who loves tofu but hate anything spicy. Finally I decided to make this tofu stir fry recipe with minced pork and chives. In Chinese cooking, tofu is a common and nutritious ingredient. It is considered as one of sources of best soy protein.
Personally I am a big tofu fan. In the past, I have posted tofu recipes, listed as
Vegetarian Mapo tofu (where I use minced shitake mushrooms to replace minced meat)
Tofu stir fried with scrambled eggs
Wow, that really is a long list and I am still committed to make it even longer. You can add some other vegetables or mushrooms in this recipe too.
In order to make the minced pork taste better, we need to marinate it for a little while.
Then fry the tofu cubes to lightly brown so that they will have a more chewy surface. However if you really do not want to stay in front of the wok in this hot summer, you can skip this step.
Then stir fry the tofu cubes with minced pork, chive sections. That's it. Only common ingredients are used.
It presents a slightly soy sauce brown color but tastes super good.
Tofu Stir Fry with Minced Pork
- 1 box of regular firm tofu
- 1 small bunch of chives , cut into section around 2 cm long
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 inch root ginger , minced
- 1 cup of minced pork
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water or stock
Pork marinating sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- ½ tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon starch
- Cut the firm tofu into cubes and soak in slightly salted water for around 10 minutes. Transfer out and drain.
- In a separate bowl, marinate minced pork with marinating sauce.
- Heat up vegetable oil in pan; add tofu cubes to fry until slightly brown. This process may take 5~10 minutes. Use slow fire and be patience. Turn the tofu cubes over from time to time.
- Transfer the tofu cubes out and leave the oil. Add garlic, ginger to stir fry until aroma.
- Add minced pork to stir fry until the pork turns white.
- Return fried tofu cubes; add salt, soy sauce and water to simmer for around 5 minutes. Add chive sections. Do a quick stir fry until the chive section become soft.
- Transfer out and serve hot!