Easy and savory fried rice with Chinese sausage. This fried rice is based on basic Chinese egg fried rice.
This is a very common and popular Chinese fried rice dish. I got a large bag of homemade Chinese sausage from my mother- in law. So this is Hunan style Chinese sausage. The most common method to consume Chinese sausage is to steam directly with rice. I have introduced this way in this post: how to cook Chinese sausage.
Since the sausage I use contains more fat than lean, so I add some fresh chili pepper to reduce the fatty feeling and improve the flavor. Since store-bought sausages usually contain more lean meat, fresh chili pepper is optional and you can replace it with green peas, carrots or other ingredients if you like.The saltiness of different types of sausage might be different. So add salt accordingly.
Chinese Sausage Fried Rice
- Around 2 bowls of leftover steamed rice
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 Chinese sausage , diced or sliced
- 1 green onion , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon salt or as needed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium light soy sauce
- 2 long fresh green peppers , cut into thin circles
- Add the rice to wok firstly to stir fry until they separate with each other (use the slice to break any chunks). Push the rice to one side of your wok. Heat up 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and pour the egg liquid.
- Mix the egg liquid with rice quickly. Add salt and mix until they are well combined. Transfer egg rice out.
- Stir fry Chinese sausage dices and fresh green chili peppers for around 2 minutes over medium fire until you can smell the aroma.
- Return the fried rice and add half of chopped green onion. Add light soy sauce and mix everything well. Turn off the fire and garnish chopped green onion before serving.