Easy stir-fry recipe: cauliflower stir-fried with tomatoes and tomato sauce.
In this special warm spring season, I am a big fan of sweet and sour taste. Just around 2 days ago, I just make the sweet and sour pork with pineapple, which turn out to be a good choice. There is a saying that sour taste can help to improve the appetite and sweet taste brings people the feeling of happiness. I totally agree!This is a vegan stir-fried recipe mainly with two healthy ingredients: cauliflower and tomatoes. Besides, I also add some garlic sprouts for extra flavor.
I use half of a whole cauliflower, one tomato, one garlic sprout and 2 tablespoons of ketchup. If you do not like the processed ketchup, just add another tomato and make the dish totally whole food.
Easy Cauliflower Stir-Fired with Tomatoes
- 1 middle size cauliflower , or half of a large one
- 1 garlic sprout
- 1 middle size tomato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the cauliflowers into small pieces and then cook in boiling water for around 2 minutes. Transfer out and drain.
- Cut tomatoes into small cubes and the garlic sprout into small sections (separate the white part and green part). Chop the garlic and spring onions too.
- Heat up around 1 tablespoon cooking oil in wok, chopped garlic, spring onions to stir fry until you can smell the aroma. Add ketchup in; Mix well.
- Place cooked cauliflowers with tomato cubes and the white parts of garlic sprout in wok. Stir-fry for around 1 minute. Add green part of garlic sprout, salt in. Do a quick stir-fry to mix all the ingredients well.
- Transfer out and garnish some chopped spring onions on top.
yummy way to make cauliflower!
I just love the sweet and sour taste in this spring season. So I make this dish.
I'm always looking for new, creative ways to cook cauliflower--this looks just wonderful! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try it.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Cauliflower is really good veggie. Bon appetite!
Thanks for sharing. Gave me some ideas on how to change my own cauliflower-tomato recipe.
I think when you said "blend," you probably meant to say blanch.
Hi Tao Hua,
Thanks for your correctness. The recipe is updated.