Cold noodles series, sesame cold noodle. This is a mild version without chili oil and Sichuan peppercorn oil.
This is another noodle dish that I would love to recommend in hot summer. Sesame paste surely is a great seasoning for noodles.If you ever heard of Chinese noodles, you may hear of sesame hot noodle which is also known as Wuhan noodles. Sesame hot noodle is considered the top 5 Chinese noodle recipes and this version today is sesame cold noodles . Hot version with Sichuan combined chili oil is here: chicken noodle salad.
Picture of Spicy Chinese cold noodles.
Firstly come to the ingredients.For the noodles, both fresh noodles and egg noodles are fine.
And for the sesame paste, the bottom I get is a combined sesame and peanut paste. They are really good partners. Do reading a little bit about the information on the bottle to find whether peanut paste is added in a suitable amount. If yes, then you can simply use the recipe I give below. Otherwise, you need to add around 2 teaspoons peanut paste into the sesame paste mentioned in the recipe.
- 250g fresh noodles
- 1 fresh cucumber
- 1 small section carrot
- 1 small bunch of bean sprouts(optional)
- Sesame seed for garnish
- 2 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame paste
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the ingredients, shred the cucumber and carrots. And then bland the carrots in boiling water for around 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for sauce together. Firstly the sesame paste is very thick and hard to stir, keep stirring in one direction until all the ingredients combines well.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for around 4 minutes. Transfer to cold water to cool down and then drain. Mix the noodles, shredded cucumber and carrots with 2 teaspoons vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar and 2 teaspoons sesame oil well.
- Then further mix the noodles with sesame paste prepared about well. And garnish sesame seeds and spring onions.