Healthy garlic snow peas stir fry with a crispy and fresh taste.
We have just entered summer yesterday. Earlier summer is full of exciting and coolness. Everyplace is greener and fresher. So just embrace with the nature and original taste of food. During my last visit to my grandmother, I saw really beautiful flowers and green leaves of snow peas. Just a remanding, you can stir fry the snow pea leaves too or use it in soups.
For both leaves and snow pea pod, usually we do not add too much seasoning even in Sichuan province because they are naturally endowed with strong freshness and slightly sweet taste. In stir-frying dish, garlic usually is added while in soups, any crushed ginger is required.
To stir-fry snow peas, you can either cook them in boiling water or not. The differences lay in the color and taste. Cooking them in boiling water firstly can help to greatly shorten the stir- fry time and simultaneously guarantee the snow peas are well cooked. This helps to keep the green color and provide a crispy taste. And you can choose to directly stir fry the snow peas with a longer time, usually end with a softer texture and darker color.
Garlic Snow Peas Stir Fry
- 2 cups snow peas , trimmed
- ½ tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- toasted sesame seeds for garnishing , optional
- Bring water to boil in a medium pot, add several drops of oil and a really small pinch of salt. Place the snow peas to cook for around 1 minute. Transfer out and drain.
- Heat up oil in wok over medium fire and then fry the minced garlic until aroma. Add snow peas in, followed with salt and sesame oil. Give a quick stir-fry to mix everything together. Transfer out immediately.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy.