Pan-fried enoki mushroom wrapped by bacon provides an excellent balance of meat and vegetables. Have you ever tried beautiful enoki mushrooms? It is also named as Enokitake. This thin and white colored mushroom is one of the most popular editable mushrooms in Chinese cuisine. We name it as Jinzhenggu, translated as golden needle mushrooms, which are always used in soups, hot pot or salad recipes.
Remove the tough ends of the golden needle mushrooms (around 2-3 cm) and cut bacon into halves. Wrap needle mushrooms with bacon and fix with toothpick. Brush some oil on pan and begin fry for 7-8 minutes over medium fire. Remember to turn them over several times. You can choose to remove the toothpicks when they are almost well cooked.
Or keep the toothpicks and serve as snack directly.
Enoki Mushroom Wrapped by Bacon
- 200 g golden needle mushroom , tough ends removed
- Package of bacon , contains 5 slices, cut into halves
- Toothpicks as needed
- ½ tablespoon cooking oil
- Ground pepper or cumin powder
- Wrap golden needle mushrooms with bacon and then fix with one of two toothpicks. Try to make it as tight as possible.
- Brush some oil on pan and fry the bacon roll for 2-3 minutes over medium fire. Turn over and continue fry for 2 minutes. Turn them over from time to time in last 4 minutes.
- Spread some ground pepper or cumin powder before serving.