Super easy enoki mushroom recipe in tomato paste soup!
I have not known this name enoki mushroom until one day I come across a recipe using it as the main ingredient. In Chinese languages, we call this nutritionally endowed mushroom—golden needle mushrooms. What a great name! Right? I guess enoki mushroom sounds like a Japanese name but I love it too. This soup today is a super easy soup of enoki mushroom seasoned with ketchup and garlic. All common ingredients and only 5 minutes needed.
If you are not new to my little blog, you may know that I just love spicy food because I grow up in a place where people eat lots of spices like chili peppers and Sichuan peppercorn. And I have posted a spicy version of enoki mushroom salad and I used them in a beef stir fry recipe. From all the experience, enoki mushrooms are proofed to be very yummy when cooked with spicy and sour seasonings. You have my words on that.
Easy Enoki Mushroom Soup
- ½ pound fresh enoki mushroom , with roots removed, you will not get too much left
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Thai chili pepper , optional
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 drops of sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup of water , or stock if you prefer
- Green onion or coriander for garnishing
- Remove the roots of mushrooms and then separate by hand. Wash and drain.
- Heat up cooking oil in wok on medium heat; add garlic to stir fry until aroma. Add ketchup in to stir fry until the oil begins to turn slightly red too.
- Pour the water in. Bring all the content to a boiling. Sprinkle the mushrooms in. Continue cook for around 1 minute.
- Transfer out, garnish with green onion or other garnishing you like,drop sesame oil and serve hot!