Pork Lo Mein is an easy and daily Chinese noodle dish which is featured by the minced pork stir-fried with flavors.
Lo mein and chow mein are the two kinds of daily recipes from Chinese kitchen. I am used to be confused about those two types of noodles. Then I recall my memory about making lo mein and chow mein as well as the ingredients. They have something in common and also some differences.
Both the noodles for lo mein and chow mein are cooked in boiling water
Matched with meat and vegetables
The types of noodles are different: Noodles used in lo mein are softer than noodles used in chow mein recipes.
Cooking process might be different: chow mein should be stir-fried with side ingredients in pan after cooked but this is an optional process for lo mein. On most occasions, we just pour over the stir-fried meat and vegetable ingredients.
If you want to have a try with chow mein, please check chicken chow mein. I use pork, green peppers, red peppers, scallions, ginger and garlic to make the top for this chow mein, which is similar to Zajiangmian but with a lighter taste.
Pork Lo Mein Recipe
- 150 g Soft egg noodle
- 50 g pork chopped , pork belly is the best part
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small section ginger
- 1 small section scallion
- 1 round red pepper
- Half of fresh cucumber
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon starch
- Chop the pork meat and mix with 1 teaspoon of starch and salt; set aside to marinade for 10 minutes.
- During the process, cut the cucumber into thin strips. Chop the garlic and slice the ginger. Cut scallions and red peppers into dices.
- Bring some water to a boiling in pot.
- Prepare a pan and heat up some cooking oil. Add garlic, scallion, ginger in to stir fry until we can smell the aroma. Then add marinated pork dices and red pepper to fry until the pork changes color. Add both dark and light soy sauce. Turn off the fire and add sesame oil in. Mix thoroughly. Put aside, wait for the noodle.
- In the boiling pot, add the soft egg noodle to cook for 4 minutes. Add some water when the content in pot is boiling. Move the noodles out and put in serving plates or bowls.Add cucumber strips on top of the bowls too.
- Toss the ingredients stir-fried on pan to the bowls.
- Present to your eaters and the mix task is up to them.