Soups are great no only because the taste but also the benefits to our body. I will match my dinner table with soup at least twice a week. It might be a healthy chicken soup with mushrooms or a trotter soup which is considered to be our skin.
Making a yummy soup usually calls for good equipment for example a good earthen pot or an electric high pressure cooker. The former one requires a long time while the later one only needs around 40 minutes.
In almost all Chinese cuisines, soups take an important role especially in Guangdong province where people add some ingredients belonging to traditional Chinese medicine.
When making a soup, choosing the fresh ingredients are the most important part. As long as the ingredients are fresh enough, you will never go too far from the good taste.
Besides, usually for Chinese style soups, ginger is added in order to remove the raw taste. Recipe of today, I use white radish and corn as the side ingredient to pork bones. The big pork bones contain rich calcium. Corn will bring a slight sweet taste and white radish for clearing up some fatty feeling of the soup. Hope you like it as me too.
Healthy Pork Soup with Radish and Corn
- 6 oz. pig bone
- 1 fresh corn
- Half of middle size radish
- Chopped spring onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups of water
- 1 inch root ginger
- Cut the pig bone into several sections. Wash under running water.
- Bring some water to a boiling in wok. Rinse the bone sections in water to remove impurities. Move out and wash under running water again.
- Put the bones in your pot.
- Prepare other ingredients. Cut fresh sweet corn into small sections and cut peeled radish into small cubes. Crash the root ginger too. And then put all the other ingredients in the pot.
- Pour 4 cups of water in. Bring all the contents to a boiling using high fire and then simmer for around 40 minutes using small fire.
- Add salt in. Mix well and serving with soup bowls. Sprinkle some chopped spring onions in.
Sounds like a great recipe to use pork ribs in 🙂