Pig stomach is also known as pork bag or pork tripe. It is a very popular ingredient in China and considered to be a really large dish.
There are three ways of making pig stomach, one is stir-fry recipe introduced today, peppercorn pig stomach soup and steamed pig stomach with sticky rice.
This afternoon, we are hunting yummy ingredients in supermarket and we encountered with pig stomach, which make me memory the ginger stir-fried pig stomach back to the old days when we raise pigs by ourselves.
The best side ingredient for pig stomach is fresh ginger. Fresh ginger is not easy to find in this season, so I use relatively fresh root ginger. I grated half of the ginger and cut the left half into small shreds.
How to clean pig stomach
Relatively pig stomach is not so easy to wash. Firstly wash carefully in running water and then add 2 tablespoons cooking wine and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a large bowl. Grasp the pig stomach with hand carefully. And then wash again in running water. Repeat the process until there is no any sticky sauce on the surface.
Then place the tripe into a large bowl with enough water, add 2 slices of ginger, 1 scallion and 1 tablespoon cooking wine. Bring to a boiling and then simmer for 20 minutes or until you can insert a chop stick easily.Transfer out and cool down, then slice the stomach pieces.
Ginger Stir-fired Pig Stomach (Pork Bag, Pork Tripe)Print Recipe
- 1 pig stomach
- One large piece of ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 dashes of ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking wine , or more as needed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch , or more as needed
- 1 fresh green pepper
- 1 fresh red pepper
- 1 scallion , finely chopped
- 2 small red onion , finely chopped
- Wash the pig stomach carefully in clean water and then cut it into three or four large pieces. Place all the pieces in a large bowl; add around 2 tablespoons cooking wine and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Grasp carefully with hand for around 3 minutes. Wash again in running water. Repeat the process and until there is no sticky sauce on the surface. For the later process, you can reduce the amount of cooking wine and starch.
- Bring a large pot, transfer the washed stomach into the pot, add 2 pieces of ginger, 1 scallion and 1 tablespoons cooking wine and enough water to cover the tripe. Bring all the content to a boiling and then simmer for around 20 to 30 minutes until a chop sticker can be inserted easily. Transfer out and cool down. Cut the cooked tripe into shreds.
- Grate half of the ginger and chop the left. Cut red onion into small pieces and peppers into shreds.
- Heat up cooking oil in wok, add ginger shreds, chopped scallion until aroma and then add shredded tripe to cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking wine to continue cook for another minute.
- Add red onion pieces, pepper shreds and ground pepper in. Stir-fry for around 2 minutes or until the pepper shreds become soft. And then add salt. Mix well and serve hot!
I love your blog! Would you mind doing a recipe for spicy tripe (Fuqi Feipian)? All the recipes I've found have not been accurate... Much appreciated!
Sure, Qing. I will list it on my cooking menu. But the ingredients are really hard to find. I will need to check them in the market firstly.