Chinese style clam stir fry--super easy and taste Chinese seafood recipe.
I am born in a city where no fresh seafood is provided. So I do not have much memory about clam recipes during my childhood. Grown up, I got the change to visit around China and now I am living in a city where fresh seafood including fishes, shrimps and clams provided everywhere and every day. The better thing is that they are super cheap especially in summer times.
It is really interesting for me that I am kind of falling in love with clams at the first taste. The situation was that I set with my boyfriend (husband now) eating the nice clams near a street restaurant with large bowls of beers. When I first tasted this food, I even did not know the name until I came across some clam provider in local market later on. Then I started my journey to pick some and make at home. Picking fresh and alive clams is not difficult for me now. Do discard those unopened ones because they are dead already.
The first thing I can afraid is the sand inside those little shells. But later on I figure out those sands can be removed by hours of soaking in salted water. This version is the most basic quick stir-fry clams in China now. Ingredients are shown in following picture. After soak the clam in salted water, they should be rinsed in boiling water until open. As long as they are open, stop cooking otherwise the tender taste will be spoiled.
The first thing I can afraid is the sand inside those little shells. But then I figure out those sands can be removed by hours of soaking in salted water. This version is the most basic quick stir-fry clams in China now. Ingredients are shown in following picture. After soak the clam in salted water, they should be rinsed in boiling water until open.However as long as they are open, stop cooking otherwise the tender taste will be spoiled.
- 1 lb clams
- 1 inch root ginger , finely chopped
- 3 Tabasco chili peppers or Thai chili peppers , replace with less spicy ones if necessary, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small bunch of spring onion , chop white part and green part separately
- 3 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- Salt to taste
- Prepare a large container. Add enough water and at least 1 tablespoon of salt. Then soak the clams in for 2 to 4 hours for cleaning the sands inside.
- Boil some clean water in pot; rinse the clams until they are slightly open. Move out and drain.
- Heat up cooking oil in wok, stir fry ginger, chili peppers, and garlic and white parts of spring onions with medium heat until aroma. Then turn up the fire and add cooked clams in. Add salt and continue tossing the clams for around 1 minutes until all the seasonings and ingredients are well-mixed.
- Move out and Serve immediately with green onions garnished on top.
Learn Chinese Via Chinese Food Menu
Spicy Clam Stir Fry 辣(spicy)炒(stir-fry)花蛤(clam) là-chǎo-huā-há