If you love to cook sha cha chicken instead of Sha Cha beef, please kindly refer to my Sha Cha Chicken Recipe.
I try to stir-fry beef slices with sha cha sauce (this recipe can also be called sha cha beef ) after eating beef hot pot with a group of my friends last weekend.
Sha cha sauce (Lee Kum Kee Sa Cha Sauce 7 Oz(pack of 2))in fact is not an original sauce from sichuan cuisine, but I also give my heart to it. My first touch with sha cha sauce is eating beef hot pot. Sha cha sauce is always used in dips for hot pot with beef as one of the main meat ingredients.
The sha cha sauce has a spicy but sweet taste and it is really great when comes along with beef. So today I want to use sha cha sauce to make one dish full of sichuan style.
Originally this dish belongs to Chaoshan dish, a branch of Guangdong cuisine. And it is quite popular in Fujian province and Taiwan area.
Since the taste of Sha Cha sauce is not enough to flavor the dish, I mix soy sauce, salt and a small amount of sugar to make the basic sauce base for this dish. Besides, this can save the time during cooking.
Prepare all the ingredients including green vegetable, ginger, garlic and scallions and beef slices. Mix Sha cha sauce with light soy sauce.
The main process of this dish is to marinade the beef, which may need around 10 minutes, which helps to flavor the meat and shorten stir-frying time to several minutes. It will become a perfect quick and simple dish whenever time is limited.
Marinade the beef slices with scratch, salt and cooking wine.
As for stir-frying sha cha beef, you can only cook beef or match with other ingredients. In order to get a better balance with meat and vegetable, I stir-fried Chinese cabbage to make a basic layer under beef.
Printable recipe for Sha Cha Beef
- ½ pound beef
- 1 green vegetable
- 2 tablespoon sha cha sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil to taste
- Garlic and ginger
- 1 fresh red pepper
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon starch
- Clean the beef (hindquarter is great) and then cut into thin slices. Put in a bowl; add 1 teaspoon starch and salt to marinade for around 10 minutes.
- Cut fresh red pepper, garlic and ginger into slices. Clean green vegetable and put aside.
- Quick stir fry the green vegetable and then put them in the serving plate.
- Prepare a bowl; add sha cha sauce, sugar, soy sauce and water to make the sha cha sauce.
- Heat up cooking oil in pan, stir-fry the beef slices to 80% cooked. Move out and put in a plate.
- Heat up cooking oil in pan, put ginger, garlic and red peppers in to cook for 1 minute and then add cooked beef slices to continue cook for 1.5 minutes.
- Then add sha cha sauce prepared above and cook until the sauce become thick.
- Move out the beef slices and then serve hot and enjoy!