Spicy red curry clams, heat up this autumn.
Around 1 month ago, my friend travelled to India and my gifts were large bags of curry and other yummy food. I guess my foodie reputation has been well-known. Although curry is not native to Chinese people, you cannot image how much we love it. Curry beef with potatoes has been one of the top popular dishes in China.
The red curry powder is packaged in plain plastic bags but it turns out to be quite yummy especially with fresh coriander.
- 2 tablespoons butter or other cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 inch root ginger , finely minced
- 1 green onion , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red curry powder , can be replaced by red curry paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds of clams , rinsed and pre-cleaned in slightly salty water
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro , chopped
- Soak the clams in slightly water for 30 minutes, drain.
- Cook the clams in boiling water for around 2 minutes until opened. Discard those dead ones which cannot be opened after boiling.
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to cook until aroma around 2 minutes.
- Add red curry powder to stir fry until the sauce becomes red. Add chicken broth. Bring all the content to a boiling.
- Add the clams and stir until the clams are well coated with the sauce.
- Add chopped fresh cilantro. Transfer out and enjoy!