Back with pig trotter! Pig trotter is actually pig feet. This is a pig trotters soup which is considered as the top recipes beneficial to girls’ skins.
I believe that many girls have heard that pig’s trotter especially pig trotter soup with yellow soy beans is beneficial to skin and it is a natural beauty ingredient. Since it contains large amount of collagen, which can help to prevent wrinkles, my mother loves to cook pig’s trotter with different ways such as stewing (soup) and braising. However, it also includes large number of fat, so people with diseases such as cholecystitis and cholelithiasis should avoid it.
I love pig trotters not only because it is good to body and skin, but also its excellent taste. In Chinese people’s eating theory, the parts with many activities are the best for example Chicken wings, pig tail etc. Then there might be a saying that movement make meat better!
Besides soup, there is also a great example dish of pig trotter named as red-braised pig trotter and spicy pig trotter.
Starting from the very first day of preparing dishes in my own kitchen, soup is always on my dinner table. Firstly I love the drink nourishing soups because they are easier to absorb.Secondly for those who love to eat noodles, adjust the left part and use it as soup base would be the smartest choice in the kitchen.
Back to the recipe. I use the front feet(猪前脚) instead of the rare feet. The front feet have less oil and usually are shorten than rare feet.
Besides pig trotter, soy beans are used as the side ingredient. You can replace the beans with French beans. If you are using soy beans the same as me, do remember to soak the beans around 20 minutes firstly.
As for the equipment you needed for this recipe, high pressure cooker is the best choice for it requires time to make pig trotter soft. If there is no high pressure cooker in kitchen, then use electric cooker or slow cooker to instead.
1. Do remove the pig hair carefully on the pig trotter. I usually use tweezers.
2. Remember to rinse pig trotter firstly before cooking in high pressure cooker or electric cooker.
In order to make this pig trotters more flavor, I match a spicy dip with the soup with 2 teaspoons of chili oil, 2 teaspoons sesame oil , 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 2 mashed garlic cloves and some chopped spring onions. The vinegar added can help to relief the fat taste of the pig trotters and make them more delicious. If you do not love the sour taste, skip vinegar.
- 2 Pig trotters (cut into small sections)
- 1 oz yellow soy beans
- 2 green onions(finely chopped)
- 3 pieces of ginger
- 1 tsb cooking wine
- salt as needed
- water as needed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 spring onion chopped
- Soak yellow beans in clean water for about 20 minutes. Make green onions into knots.
- Cut pig trotters into small pieces and rinse in boiling water around 1 minute to get rid of the blood water.
- Put soaked soy beans, pig trotters, green onion knots, and ginger slices into casserole or high pressure cooker.
- Add enough amount of water(around 2 cm higher than the pig trotter level). Use high fires to cook it to boiling and then turn to slow fire and continue stewing for about 1 hour (if using high pressure cooker, chooses soup and leave all the staff to the cooker).
- Add salt to taste and some chopped green onion.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dip and serve together.