Needle mushroom also known as golden needle mushroom and lily mushroom get a nice Chinese name(金针菇). The cultivated needle mushrooms are white in color but there is other wild ones with a slight red color. Along with shiitake mushroom, needle mushroom is one of the most frequently used edible mushrooms in China.
Following is a picture showing as this golden needle mushroom and also other ingredients used in today’s recipe.
In case, you want to know more about the types of mushroom for cooking, please check my post introducing edible mushrooms for cooking.
I am a fan of different kinds of mushrooms. If you are one of the common readers of my site, then you may find many other recipes call for edible mushrooms. There is “Chicken Mushroom Soup” calls for tee tree mushroom(茶树菇) and “Mushroom Stir-fry” calls for brown beech mushrooms and white beech mushrooms.
The recipe introduced today should definitely belong to five-minute series cause we only need to take 5 minutes, and then we can get those delicious tastes from it. Sometimes, I make a large bowl with some of it to be taken as snacks between meals.
Wash the mushrooms and cook boiling water for about 2 minutes firstly.
Then all the work goes to the marinade sauce. Add soy sauce, salt, garlic, chili pepper,sugar,sesame oil and chopped spring onions together.
Then mix the sauce and rinsed needle mushroom together. There comes the yummy thing. However I have to confess that my husband think I am joking with him whenever I make a dish with needle mushrooms because they are so chewy for him. And still, I prefer to make it as my appetizer.
A five-minute and easy needle mushroom salad
- 1 bunch of needle mushroom
- 1 small red chili pepper chopped
- several spring onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped or mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken essence(optional,just for foodies with stronger taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- Cut the end of the need mushrooms and clean it.
- Heat up some water in a pot. Bring it to a boiling and add washed needle mushroom to cook for 2 minutes.
- Move the needle mushroom out to cool down.
- Chop the chili pepper, spring onion, garlic.
- Prepare a bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, chicken essence, chili oil and chopped ingredients in above step together.
- Add needle mushroom to the bowl with sauce. Mix thoroughly and enjoy.
Learn Chinese Via Chinese Food Menu
Spicy Needle Mushroom Salad 辣(spicy)拌(dressing)金针菇 (needle mushroom) là-bàn-jīnzhēngū