Glazed Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are quite popular in my family not only because of the sauce, but also because of the ingredients. Ever since I get my little oven, I am testing baked Chinese style food such as Chinese BBQ, Shar Sui Pork, Shar Sui chicken etc. This recipe today is Chinese style baked garlic chicken wings with honey.
The sauce I used combines chopped garlic, oyster sauce, vegetable oil and light soy sauce. The marinade sauce is the soul of baked wings. Generally a longer marinade time can help the chicken wings absorb the taste.As a big fan of chicken wings, I made different types of chicken wings for example, red-cooked chicken wings and coca cola chicken wings. Do check them if you are a fan of chicken wings as me too.
Both mid joint or chicken drumettes are ok for this recipe depending on your own preference. I love mid joint and my husband loves drumettes. So I mix those two types together. Firstly after wash the chicken wings, we need to soak them in clean water for around 30 minutes to remove the raw taste.
Drain with pepper. Mix the chicken wings with the sauce in a container.Cover the container with plastic wrap and put into freezer for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best since the longer the marinading time is, the stronger the taste will be. If you are in a hurry, you can cut some scratch on the surface gently to help the meat absorb the taste of the sauce.
Place the chicken wings on the grill and lay one layer of silver paper on the ovenware. Place the grill over the ovenware so the sauce will not sprinkle on the oven. Set up the oven to 390 degree F and bake for 15 minutes, turn over and brush the other side with honey water and continue bake for 10 minutes. Then voila and Enjoy.
- 8 ~10 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons black pepper powder
- Soak the cleaned chicken wings around 30 minutes in clean water. Drain with kitchen paper.
- Mix the chicken wings with the marinade sauce in a container and cover with a plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Overnight is better.
- Place the chicken wings on the grill and lay one layer of silver paper on the ovenware so the sauce will not sprinkle on the oven.
- Melt the honey with warm water and then brush on the surface of chicken wings evenly.
- Set up the oven to 390 degree F and glaze for 15 minutes, Turn over and brush the honey water again and continue bake for 10 minutes.
You can add some other seasonings if you like, for example chili powder.