Chinese style Ground beef stir fried in chili peppers, soy sauce, green onion, garlic and vinegar.
Now it becomes colder and colder on my side now and it would be so perfect for foodies like spicy food like me. Chili peppers really can warm the body up.In Chinese cuisine, there is one group of quick and easy rice dish named as “盖浇饭”, literally mean dishes over rice. This group is quite popular in the city of Xian, where I spend my four year university life. In both smaller restaurants and large ones, there are various types of rice bowls provided. For example the dish for today is named as ground pork rice bowl. The savory sauce is perfect with steamed rice.
In China, beef is quite expensive. So pork is the most common meat ingredients. However all of my family members including my 1 year old daughter, so I made lots of beef dishes. My favorite versions are spicy Sichuan style beef stir fries or stews. Even I am quite diligent in kitchen, but there are changes that I do not to cut beef or other meat. Then I just feel how wonderful the ground pork or ground beef is.
Ingredients are quite simple
Besides rice, it is perfect for noodles too.
Spicy Chinese style ground beef rice bowl.
- 1 cup ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch root ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 to 8 fresh long green chili peppers, cut into small circles(depending on how spicy you want it to be)
- 2 fresh red chili peppers, cut into small circles
- 1/2 middle size red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or as needed
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black vinegar
- Freshly steamed rice for serving
- Mix ground beef with the marinating ingredients well in a large bowl. Set aside to rest for around 15 minutes.
- Prepare all the other side ingredients during this process.
- Heat up around 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a deep pan or wok; add ground pork to fry until the peek color disappears. And break them into smaller particles during the process. Transfer out and leave the oil.
- Add garlic, red onion to fry until aroma. And add red peppers and green peppers to fry for around 1 or 2 minutes. Longer cooking time can reduce the spiciness of the final dish.
- Return fried ground beef again. Add soy sauce, salt and black vinegar. Fry for around 1 or 2 minutes.
- To serve, pour the ground chili beef on your freshly steamed rice. And serve hot!
For a milder version, reduce the chili peppers.