Easiest Asian style cucumber salad with white onion! Pea spouts and chili pepper are used for decoration.
I love the green colors
I love the crispy and fresh taste
I love the simplicity for preparing
So you are right, I love cucumber so much!
Cucumber is always my firstly choice whenever I want to make an easy and fresh salad. And the salad today is super easy and very, very low in calories. For the eating in my life, I am always seeking a balance between different foods. Sometimes, I may indulge myself in some dessert or some traditional deep-frying food, or really spicy and hot Sichuan dishes, but for most of time in my daily cooking, I eat mild (only a little spicy) and healthy meals.
The two main ingredients for today’s recipe are cucumber and onion. I use white onion instead of purple onion. Personally I think purple onions have much stronger taste than white onions. What’s your feeling?
Easiest Asian style cucumber salad with white onion!
- 1 long fresh cucumber or 4 fresh small cucumbers
- Half of a middle size white onion
- 1 small chili pepper (decoration)
- 1 small bunch of Pea Sprout (you can add more if you like)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cut cucumbers into strips and marinade in a large bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt for around 15 minutes.
- Cut the white onions into small shreds and sauté for around 1 minute in a pan with cooking oil. And then sauté the pea sprout for another half a minute (You can also blend the sprout around half a minute).
- Mix cucumber and white onions together, add salt, sesame oil, vinegar and finely chopped garlic.
- Decorate with several chopped chili pepper section and pea sprout; Enjoy!
If you want to keep the strong taste of white onions, just marinade them directly with cucumber.