15 minutes mashed potato super easy soup with several flavoring ingredients.
This is a mashed potato soup that loved by me for around 20 years. We used to use fresh potatoes grew in our own garden. It is yummy, and so cheap! Though no milk or cream is added, you will get a creamy taste.
I mash the cooked potatoes with a scoop; you can choose your own tool. And for me, it is best to keep some small pickles inside.
As for the water, adjust the amount if you want the final mashed potatoes
Only simplest and common ingredients, but this mashed potato soup will amazing you with taste. Each time, when we have little children as guest, this is a must serving dish.
Other potato recipes
- 2 middle size potatoes
- 1 inch root ginger
- 4 spring onions, separate the white part with the green part
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed oil
- Salt as needed
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- Chopped chili pepper or other chili sauce (optional)
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes and then cook in boiling water for around 10 minutes. Transfer out and mash by a scoop or anything you like.
- Chop the garlic, spring onion white parts and the garlic cloves.
- Heat up oil in wok, add garlic, spring onion and garlic cloves in to stir-fry for around 1 minute or until aroma.
- Add the mashed potatoes in. Do a quick stir-fry until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add around water; bring all the content to a boiling. Add sesame oil, salt, pepper and the left spring onion white chops. Turn off the fire and mix well. Serve hot with some chopped chili pepper if you want some spicy taste too.