Chicken and broccoli stir frying is an easy stir fry recipe which only needs 15 minutes and really yummy with steamed rice.
Broccoli is a healthy vegetable that are heart by Chinese people nowadays. I get a reader asking a broccoli and chicken recipe.
Simple ingredients are used but the taste is really satisfying. I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts since the meat from the chicken thighs are more tender in taste. In real Chinese cooking, we do not use chicken breasts for stir-frying that much. But you can use boneless chicken breasts which will simplify the cutting process.
Besides, firstly broccoli crowns are boiled in boiling water before stir-frying with chicken.
Boiling the broccoli in water can help to reduce the stir-frying time with the chicken. This step can help to shorten the time and keep the tender taste of chicken and crispy taste of broccoli. Additionally, this process can also light the color of broccoli.
In this recipe, I discard the ginger and garlic slices after stir-fried until armoa for a pure looking of the final dish. You may keep it if do not want to brother that much.
I also call several pieces of chili red pepper to add a slight spicy taste and also a better looking. If no spicy taste is wanted, replace the chili pepper with carrots.
Here comes our final chicken broccoli stir fry. I highly recommend serving with steamed rice. The sauce can help you eat up large bowls of rice.
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 inch ginger section sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 small red chili pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon starch
- 2 teaspoons cooking wine
- Cut the meat off the bone of the chicken thighs; And further cut into small pieces.
- Mix the chicken with marinade sauce evenly in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cut the broccoli crowns into small pieces you like.
- Bring some water to a boiling in wok and then rinse the crowns pieces around 2 minutes. Move the broccoli out and drain.
- Heat up the cooking oil in wok. Add sliced ginger and garlic until you can smell the aroma. And then discard both the ginger and garlic slices. Leave the oil in wok.
- Add chicken pieces in to stir-fry until the color changes. And then add chopped chili peppers, boiled broccoli and around 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot!