Easy and 15 minutes ready celtuce salad with spring onion oil.Now we are surrounded by the fresh green of spring. In this season, large amount of celtuce is available and thus making the price quite low.
Celtuce is also known as stem lettuce or Chinese lettuce and is a widely loved vegetable in China. Though it might be hard to see or try it in western countries, I still strong recommend buying some and have a try if you ever get a chance.
The rich iron element contained is quite benefit to our body. Besides it contains niacin which is quite helpful to people who are suffering from diabetes.There are seeds available and if you get a yard or garden, grow some is an excellent choice.Adoring the green color of celture, I admit that I love to cook with them. Additionally, the fresh yet slightly sweet taste is really comforting.
To make this salad, only several ingredients are needed: One celture steam, 2teapsoons of sesame oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons sunflower seed oil and 3 spring onions. We have this celture stem also in winter, but the spring ones are fresher. Peel the thick skin off and then cut the stem into really thin shreds.Garnish salt evenly and marinade for around 10 minutes or until you can see the shreds are losing water. (If the shreds are larger in size, increase the time accordingly.) Then pour the water out.
Mix with sesame oil with the shreds. And then place them in the serving plate. Top with chopped spring onion and decorate with chopped thai chili pepper.Heat up the sunflower seed oil in pan and pour the oil onto the spring onions to stimulate the aroma of the spring onion.
Welcome the spring time, celture salad with spring onion. This is a really easy Chinese-style healthy salad which can be made within 15 minutes.
- One celture stem
- 2teapsoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seed oil
- 3 spring onions
- 1 thai chili pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- Peel the skin off and then cut the green inside part into shreds of similar sizes.
- Garnish salt evenly and marinade for around 10 minutes or until you can see the shreds are losing water.
- Mix with sesame oil with the shreds. And then place them in the serving plate. Top with chopped spring onion and decorate with chopped thai chili pepper.
- Heat up the sunflower seed oil in pan and pour the oil onto the spring onions to stimulate the aroma of the spring onion.